“Some of us have great runways already built for us. If you have one, take off! But if you don’t have one, realize it is your responsibility to grab a shovel and build one for yourself and for those who will follow after you.” Amelia Earhart
Travel back in time with two famous explorers from very different periods. First Christopher Columbus will take the children back to 1492 on a journey across the seas where he unknowingly discovered the Americas. Then Amelia Earhart moves us into the 20th century, sharing her passion as the first female pilot to fly across the Atlantic ocean.
During the session the children will:
- Create pictures to understand a little bit about the time each explorer lived in.
- Through improvisation bring to life Christopher Columbus’s first voyage.
- Perform a poem about Columbus’s life with song, action, sound and movement.
- Meet Amelia Earhart, learn about her passion for flying and create your own flying machine!
- Create a timeline to place our explorers in historical context.
Drama Hut have worked with our school on many occasions. Each time, the workshops have been well planned out- with teachers ideas in mind, well executed by very enthusiastic practitioners and have been thoroughly enjoyed by all children! Each workshop has engaged the children enormously, using original ideas that involve the children through practical games and activities. I would recommend this drama company to all schools.
Marie Hedges – Orlean’s Primary School