Have Flora Hopkins, a Victorian carol singer visit your school this Christmas. Let her share her tales and experiences of the infamous Ebenezer Scrooge from the classic and much loved Charles Dickens’s, A Christmas Carol. Using improvisation, song and role play, Flora will guide the children through this fun-filled festive session.
During the workshop the children will:
- Be introduced to the Victorian era
- Explore the wide social gap between rich and poor
- Look at Christmas traditions and entertainment
- Learn a traditional Victorian song
- Meet Scrooge and explore the themes raised in ‘A Christmas Carol’
- Improvise and create the characters from the story
- Create their own version of A Christmas Carol
Drama Hut have worked with our school on many occasions. Each time, the workshops have been well planned out- with teachers ideas in mind, well executed by very enthusiastic practitioners and have been thoroughly enjoyed by all children! Each workshop has engaged the children enormously, using original ideas that involve the children through practical games and activities. I would recommend this drama company to all schools.
Marie Hedges – Orlean’s Primary School