Travel back in time and meet Sara Louise Elmslie (Syrie), wife of Dr Thomas Barnardo, the founder of Britain’s first children’s home.
During the session the children will:
- Learn about the activist Dr Thomas Barnardo
- Through improvisation and role play, explore life and work by the Thames river including ‘Mudlarking’
- Visit a workhouse run by the intimidating ‘Mr Bumble’
- Look at Crime and Punishment, in particular relating to children during Victorian Times
- Learn a song from the popular Music Hall
- Discover how Victorian England was transformed through innovation and The Industrial Revolution and take part in ‘The Great Exhibition of 1851’ with special guest Queen Victoria herself!